Sunday, July 4, 2010

Further explain of language difficulties

Let me first establish that:

I may use examples of songs or media I don't like, simply because I feel they well communicate idea.

The song in which I'm currently thinking of is "Different names for the same thing- DCFC"


Lyrics:

Alone on a train aimless in wonder
An outdated map crumpled in my pocket
But I didn't care where I was going
'Cause they're all different names for the same place.

The coast disappeared when the sea drowned the sun
And I have no words to share it with anyone
The boundaries of language I quietly cursed
And all the different names for the same thing.

There are different names for the same things
There are different names for the same things...



So, this information is relevant to my use of speech. As I understand that an idea might be relevant to a variety of different people and experiences, I try not to use a specific label which would make an idea less relevant to a person, as they example presents in many situations and is not limited to the specific sample I'm using to describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment